- August 7, 2014
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Latest News & Blog
With regular servicing air conditioning should be ready to perform throughout the hot and humid summer months, it keeps you cool, provides workers with welcome relief and ensures productivity within the office remains high at all times, no matter how high the temperatures soar outside
Sovereign have a number of planned maintenance schemes in operation right now. Our service schemes ensure air conditioning works safely and effectively throughout the year, this eliminates worry and reduces the risk of problems for business owners.
We strongly advise you consider a planned maintenance service if you haven’t already done so, not only will this ensure your equipment is operating efficiently, it’ll reduce the potential risk of harm to workers and could prevent fines in the future for failing to comply.
To outline the importance of planned air conditioning maintenance we thought we’d explore some of the key benefits in greater detail, once you have read this blog, give us a call at Sovereign and we’ll go through our maintenance packages with you.
So here we go then, read the real reasons to have your air conditioning system tested, inspected and maintained on a regular basis.
Improve energy efficiency
Routine maintenance gives you greater scope to improve the energy efficiency of your air conditioning system. Poorly performing units suffer from dramatic rises in energy usage. They can suffer from a 60% increase in energy consumption in extreme cases. This isn’t good for a business trying to reduce overheads at the moment.
A service inspection detects common problems within air conditioning systems. It covers a number of routine checks and includes all of the following tests.
- Pipework insulation –Visual checks performed on pipework insulation. Poor insulation levels could lead to a rise in energy consumption, damaged or missing sections should be replaced.
- Condensors – Tested and checked for signs of obstructions. Condensing and evaporating devices should be cleaned and well maintained to improve the efficiency of the system.
- Fans and filters – Clogged filters or poorly performing fans will reduce the output of airflow through your air conditioning, filters need to be free from particles, fans should be clean and operating with efficiency.
- Refrigerant – This should be tested as per a routine maintenance plan, the levels need to be checked and the system should be tested for signs of leaks or discharge.
- Thermostats – Are they calibrated so they respond accordingly to the right temperature? They will be as per your maintenance schedule.
Reduction in utility costs
It’s unlikely your energy costs are going to drop any time soon, electric and gas bills are forever on the rise. You only have to look at recent rises in energy costs to see the bare facts, here’s how the early part of 2014 panned out with details from 5 of the larger utility providers.
British Gas: Prices of gas rose 8.4% and electricity shot up by 10.4%
EDF: Both electric and gas prices up by 3.9%
Eon: Electric costs up by 3.7% and gas up by 4.6%
Npower: Gas up 11.1% and electric up by 9.3%
SSE: Gas and electricity both up by 8.2%
As you can see, the figures make a harrowing read so keep your air conditioning maintained and prevent paying more for utilities due to a poorly performing system.
Extend the life of your system
Ask the team at Sovereign to service your air conditioning on a regular basis and you improve energy efficiency, reduce utility costs, and extend the life of your system as well.
Parts last longer with regular maintenance, breakdowns are infrequent and air conditioning should run for years which saves you a greater amount of money in the long run.
Speak to the specialists at Sovereign about your air conditioning requirements, cut costs and operate with greater efficiency from now on.