Air conditioning energy assessments
Advice re Air Conditioning Energy Inspections
The Energy Performance of Buildings (Inspections and Certificates) Regulations 2007 introduced a requirement for all air conditioning equipment with an effective rated output of 12kW or more and installed before January 2008, to undergo an Air Conditioning Energy Inspection. (Newer systems installed after January 2008 must be inspected within 5 years of being put into service).
For the purpose of the assessment, all air conditioning systems within a building are assessed as one system. The only systems exempt are systems used for process cooling (unless linked to the comfort cooling) or systems with a rated output less than12kW.
Why should I have an Assessment?
- The Assessment is a legal requirement.
- The inspection confirms that the system is suitable for the application
- The inspection determines the condition and efficiency of the system, the effectiveness of
- operation and the effectiveness of maintenance
- The Report provides recommendations on any improvements that can be made to the
- systems and other processes, in order to reduce energy usage, energy costs and
- environmental impact
- The Report provides further advice and information on the Government’ Enhanced Capital
- Allowance Scheme and assistance available from the Carbon Trust and other bodies
- The Report enhances a company’s ‘Green’ credentials
The assessment can only be carried out by an independent, accredited inspector & energy assessor, so as your maintenance provider we would not carry out the inspection directly. We get quotes from a number of independent energy assessors and use the cheapest one to ensure that you are getting value for money.
The inspection is non-intrusive and no alterations are made to the system, ensuring that you receive the right accreditation when complete. It is the owners decision whether or not to implement any recommended alterations or improvements.
Trading Standards are the enforcing body; an enforcement campaign is expected as the Government seeks to achieve environmental targets. Additionally there is potential opportunity to reduce your energy usage (and associated costs) together with reducing your environmental impact.
We can help you obtain the necessary energy performance certificates and adhere to the latest standards, and save money. For a full air conditioning inspection, you can contact us directly on 01782 510600.
Call Sovereign today for a free, no obligation quotation to ensure that you conform to the latest government legislation.