- June 23, 2020
- Posted by: Gareth Whalley
- Category: Latest News & Blog
Air conditioning for offices and meeting rooms provides working environments that are comfortable and productive.
But, while modern air conditioning systems are highly effective in maintaining optimum temperatures, like lots of other essential equipment, they do require servicing to ensure peak performance.
Why Should You Service Office Air Conditioners?
Modern commercial air conditioners work almost silently in the background, providing optimum air quality over long periods of time.
However, if they are to continue to produce air that is clean and comfortable to experience, then they will need regular servicing.
During the course of their working life, office air conditioners will collect dust in their air vents and can attract debris from outside when drawing in cool air.
If left, these things can affect the efficiency of office air conditioning systems.
How Often Should Air Con Servicing Take Place?
Most experts in air conditioning will recommend at least an annual service of your system, to check that it is running properly.
There are tell-tale signs if it is not functioning as it should:
- Is the air conditioning unit noisier than usual? This may be the result of the filters becoming clogged up.
- Does it take longer for the unit to cool a room? This can mean its coolant level is too low.
- Have your energy bills gone up? This can be a sign that something in the air conditioning system is not right.
What Should Air Conditioning Servicing Involve?
A thorough service of your air conditioning system includes checking the following:
- The blower
- Operating pressures
- Refrigerant levels
- Supply lines and connections
As well as booking in routine, professional service, you can also make regular checks to your system.
What to Look for When Checking Office Air Conditioning
If you’re checking your air conditioning, look at the filters. Many of the most common air conditioner faults occur if the unit is not cleaned regularly.
Simply dusting the air vents carefully can prevent issues occurring and prolong the lifespan of your air conditioner.
Sometimes there can be obstructions in the condensing unit from outside, such as leaves and twigs. Remove these with regular checks.
Test your system by switching it between heating and cooling modes. If there is no change when you do this, it can mean your system’s reverse valve requires repairing.
Check your office air conditioning for corrosion and rust. These may occur over time, and it is wise to make repairs before any deterioration can get worse.
While you can check certain things yourself, there is no substitute for having regular, professional maintenance calls, where an expert will service your air conditioning.
Is Your Air Conditioning In Need of a Service?
Inefficient air conditioners can sneak up on you, simply because you expect them to run in the background while you get on with your daily working life.
Here are some factors which could indicate that your system is in need of an air con service:
- You haven’t used the air conditioning for a while
- You’ve used it a lot, for both heating and cooling
- It’s become noisy, and you can hear it rattling around when it’s on
- It runs in dry or dusty conditions
- You can see drips of water around the condensers, pipes or units
- The air it blows doesn’t seem as cool as it should be.
Keep your air conditioning reliable, and book a service. Acting now could save you trouble and inconvenience later.